Friday, July 25, 2008

A ReMarkable Poem

Too Young to Die



I loved to run through those fields
on those warm summer days.
Then to jump in that lake
that was so cool and clear.

I still remember everyday that I walked
through the woods behind my house.
I can still see the creek that I followed.
I can hear those birds that always sang for me.

That time I fell asleep outside.
I was lying down and watching the stars.
They always seemed to put on a show for me.
It seemed like it was all yesterday. I wished it were.

It’s hard for me to forget those cold days
When I stayed inside next to the fire.
Looking out occasionally at the blanket of snow,
But quickly returning to my chair to dream about summer.

I always loved watching spring arrive.
Watching the flowers, seeing the bees
Always hard at work and never ending.
Seeing that hive dripping with honey.

The golden syrup, oh, so sweet,
Many times that taste was on my tongue.
Oh, how I loved those mornings.
The sun was always waiting when I awoke.

So many things I did.
So many things I’ll never forget.
So many more things I could’ve done.
I thought I was too young to die.

No comments: